[En-Nut-Discussion] Watchdog issues

Brett Abbott Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
Thu Sep 15 10:55:42 CEST 2005

Ulrich

Just under 2 seconds is about right.

I suggest you set up your own timer, eg. timer1 and have it trigger every 0.5 seconds or so.  In the interupt routine, you should check the health of your system and issue "wdr" if appropriate.

I use 0.5 seconds rather than longer because the Ethernet low level code  goes off sometimes for a bit of a holiday and sometimes 1 second is too slow.

Cheers
Brett
Brett Abbott, Managing Director, Digital Telemetry Limited
Email: Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
PO Box 24 036 Manners Street, Wellington, New Zealand
Phone +64 (4) 5666-860  Mobile +64 (21) 656-144
------------------- Commercial in confidence --------------------