[En-Nut-Discussion] CAN sniffing program?

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Wed Sep 21 09:51:59 CEST 2005

Hi Alexander,

> We are trying to implement atmega90CAN128. Could anybody advise a program
> (preferably with source ) that would sniff CAN-bus transactions and send
> data to e.g. RS232 port?  Or advise why this my desire may be unreasonable?

I could offer you one of our M-CAN Boards. These Boards run NutOS. They
are using the SJA1000 Controller as CAN controller. It is a easy task to
log the can traffic and send it over a serial interface. There is only
one limitation. CAN 2.0b can use up to 1 MBit Bitrates. Of course an
RS232 Interface can not, so you have to user lowe CAN Bitrates.

Next week I'll experiment with the ATCAN128 as replacement of the
ATMega128 for our can Boards, using Henkrik Maiers NutOS Port to the
ATCAN128. It should work as well...

Best regards,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19