[En-Nut-Discussion] FW: Global variables and threads

Anton Veldhuizen emtech at telkomsa.net
Thu Sep 22 18:22:13 CEST 2005

Thanks for your replies,

Harald:
1)I meant 350 byte + 350 byte
2)I have modified my code as per your advice, but still get the 0 char being
transmitted

Amended Code:
NutRegisterDevice(&devUsartAvr0, 0, 0);
Usart0FilePtr = fopen("uart0", "w+b");
_ioctl(_fileno(Usart0FilePtr), UART_SETSPEED, &commsBaud);

Matthias:
1) I take your point on the pullup - will give it a try...

New questions:
1) How long can I stay away in an interrupt and is it all the same whether I
use my own SIGNAL() or INTERRUPT() for usart receiving or should I make use
of Nut/OS fget functions?
2) I am using ethernut build 3.9.8 and WinAVR 2005/02/14.  As far as you are
aware is this platform stable?  I am at that point where I have secured
everything else for the last 3 weeks, but I get random crashes. Deadlines...

Best regards,
Anton Veldhuizen