[En-Nut-Discussion] ARP request stopps TCP connection

Michael Jones Michael.e.Jones at web.de
Wed Sep 28 10:25:54 CEST 2005

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: en-nut-discussion-bounces at egnite.de
[mailto:en-nut-discussion-bounces at egnite.de] On Behalf Of Steffen Brandt
Sent: Mittwoch, 28. September 2005 10:08
To: en-nut-discussion at egnite.de
Subject: [En-Nut-Discussion] ARP request stopps TCP connection

Hello,

I used a Ethernut V1.3G board to stream audio data via TCP connection to a
streaming client.

All works fine. But after exact 20 minutes uptime of ethernut the TCP
connection is going to so_state = TCPS_CLOSED.

A trace of the TCP connections shows, that a ARP request is send from
ethernut.

Here is a part of the trace:

192.168.2.11 = Ethernut
192.168.2.5 = streaming client

-----------------------

I can't tell you why it closes after exactly 20 minutes - except that ARP is
refreshed after 10 minutes so here might be the a dependence. I have been
looking at and have made some changes concerning the ARP and TCP interaction
and there is some room for improvement which I hope to check-in at some
stage - if we find that these changes fit your problem I would share them
with out just for testing.

Non-the-less, here it seems as if your Streaming client closed the
connection anyway. This might indicate that the Ethernut side is not the
problem. What kind of OS is the streaming client running and are there any
"protective" software running on it?

Regards,
Michael