[En-Nut-Discussion] Writing code to FLASH in Ethernut 3

scostas scostas at det.uvigo.es
Mon Apr 24 12:38:14 CEST 2006

Hi again:

I find a new clue for the problem I have when burning code to the flash,
but is very extrange:

I created a test program that only blinks a LED. When using TFTP to load
it to the Ethernut 3 it worked fine, but when I burned it to the Flash,
it didn't boot, the same than the main application I want to burn.

Today I recompiled that example and received a lot of linking errors, so
I tried to change the order of the NUT libraries from

	-lnutpro -lnutfs -lnutarch -lnutnet -lnutos -lnutdev -lnutcrt

to the same found in HTTPD example:

	-lnutpro -lnutos -lnutarch -lnutdev -lnutnet -lnutfs -lnutcrt

and it worked, both loaded from TFTP and burned to Flash. But the main
application, the one I really need to burn to the Flash, still didn't
work from Flash, only from TFTP, even after changing the order of the
libraries.

There is another thing: when I burn the BOOTMON.BIN program or my LED
example, the JTAGOMAT program ends fine, reseting the board and so on,
but when I try to burn my application, the Turtelizer's LED blinks
during the burning process, but after 7 minutes, it turns on for two
seconds and the JTAGOMAT software ends abruptly, without reseting the
board or showing an error.

My code is 160Kbytes in length.

Does anybody knows why does this happen?

Thanks in advance.