[En-Nut-Discussion] FTP server sample not working

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Dec 6 16:48:40 CET 2006

At 06:35 06.12.2006 -0800, you wrote:

>The MMC card is an 4MB card from JVC, the SD is an 1GB from Panasonic. I can
>try to get my hands on some other cards, maybe it has to do with the cards
>themselves.

Four MB! This is indeed a rotten ol' card. :-) Slowing
down the SPI speed may indeed help. But not sure, if
it's worth the effort. SD Cards are very cheap and
I'd recommend SanDisk. They are not the fastest, but
very tolerant.

For Ethernut 3, the SPI clock is generated in the PLL
chip. See NplMmcIfcInit() in dev/nplmmc.c. NPL_MMC_CLOCK
is 12.5 MHz by default:
#define NPL_MMC_CLOCK   12500000

For the SAM7X the rate is set in At91SpiMmcIfcInit() in
arch/arm/dev/spimmc_at91.c. Check the SAM7X datasheet
for how to set SCBR in SPI_CSR1.