[En-Nut-Discussion] Basemon bug ?

Pascal Jean pascal.jean at laposte.net
Sat Dec 16 23:07:44 CET 2006

Hi,

I think of having found the problem but I don't know the reason of it.

The error occurs in the call of NutRegisterDevice(&devEth0, 0x8300, 5) in
the thread 'main'
The commutation of task takes place well toward the thread 'rxi5', but in
the call  of NutThreadSetPriority(9), the deletion of the thread under
execution happens badly.
In the call of NutThreadRemoveQueue(runningThread, &runQueue), a while loop
is used to search for the thread to remove. Gold in this case, the thread to
remove is the first (normal it is in progress the one). Once the done
deletion, an instruction break must normally interrupt the while loop.
And well it is not what happens!!! It removes other thread (of which him
'idle' !!!)

I achieved you a small animation flash for you show:
http://epsilnx.free.fr/doc/bug.html

What do you think of it?

Regards
Pascal