[En-Nut-Discussion] terminal emulation software in Linux

Jose Vallet jose.vallet at hut.fi
Tue Dec 19 22:57:46 CET 2006

This might be a stupid question, but, have you configured correctly minicom?

Just in case, in the following link you have some instructions that you
can follow.

http://docwiki.gumstix.org/Connecting_via_Serial_-_Linux

choose appropriately the settings for you.

If you prefer some kind of nice GUI, perhaps you might want to try one
of the following
-gtkterm
-cutecom

they are more "Hyperterminal like" and are easier for the beginner,
although they don't provide many of the nice features of minicom (that
normally you will not need for simple communications through the serial
port)

Good luck
José