[En-Nut-Discussion] 4.0.2 compile problem

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Feb 8 11:53:14 CET 2006

At 10:28 08.02.2006 +0100, you wrote:

>The compile problem arrises when I use the configurator to build NUT/OS,
>using GCC. In the OS makefiles I found no LIBS parameter (besides those
>who build the sample applications).

The Configurator is really confusing about selecting the
wrong paths.

>I installed V 4.0.2 not in the default path but in
>D:\Work\ethernut_402\, and I installed it in parallel to V 3.9.1 (in
>D:\Work\ethernut\), could that be the cause?

Partly. The problem is with the Configurator when upgrading.
It still tries to use the old paths and loads the wrong
repository.nut.

- Use absolute paths in the settings.
- Make sure to load the .conf file from the
   correct subdirectory. This will load the
   correct repository as well.
- When settings are changed (specially paths)
   reload the .conf file afterwards (or restart
   the Configurator).

When using several Nut/OS versions, call the Configurator
with

   nutconf /S nut391
   nutconf /S nut402

etc. This allows to switch between versions easily.

>And is irqreg.c no longer part of the distribution?

No. After the platform specific parts moved to arch, there
was no need for this anymore.