[En-Nut-Discussion] RE: New Nut/OS Preview 4.1.4

Rob van Lieshout (PragmaLab) info at pragmalab.nl
Wed Feb 8 22:55:46 CET 2006

Harald,

>...with very limited support for the ATmega2561 is available at
>http://www.ethernut.de/en/download/

thanks for the adding the first real 2561 support for NutOS. You (and Henrik
Maier) saved me a lot of compare-and-change work when porting NutOS to the
new 2561.

Building 4.1.4 went OK, building my application (with support for the
Mega2561 and linking against the freshly built libs) went OK too...
Runtime I even saw a message on my LCD, but then the app keeps rebooting.

Let's look at the bright side and conclude I made some progress towards a
working application on the Mega2561.

For your information, the codeside is about 140KB and, yes, I really need
the far call support from the ICC-tools since I don't want to figure out
which calls go beyond 128KB and return.

As far as I understood from Richard (Imagecraft), he stated already a few
weeks ago that codesize >128 KB IS supported. The first release (with bugs)
for that feature was afaik V7.01B4. Appearantly, you have received other
information (I refer to your new remarks in your 'ATmega2561 Considerations'
chapter)? I'm only reading the Icc-Avr discussion digest since a few days so
indeed I may have missed some important notes on that subject.

Next step for me is carefully reading your 'Considerations' and debuging the
code to see what causes the reboot...

Thanks again for your support.

Regards,

Rob van Lieshout