[En-Nut-Discussion] RE: New Nut/OS Preview 4.1.4

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Feb 9 10:30:34 CET 2006

Hello Rob,

At 22:55 08.02.2006 +0100, you wrote:
>As far as I understood from Richard (Imagecraft), he stated already a few
>weeks ago that codesize >128 KB IS supported. The first release (with bugs)
>for that feature was afaik V7.01B4. Appearantly, you have received other
>information (I refer to your new remarks in your 'ATmega2561 Considerations'
>chapter)? I'm only reading the Icc-Avr discussion digest since a few days so
>indeed I may have missed some important notes on that subject.

After having given up with GCC some weeks ago I came across
http://dragonsgate.net/pipermail/icc-avr/2006-January/006621.html
and later
http://dragonsgate.net/pipermail/icc-avr/2006-February/006652.html

As far as I understood, the previous versions allowed to write code
for the new chips and allow you accessing the upper flash memory
with some low level LPM fiddling, but they do not provide executable
code above 128kB. But I'm no regular reader of the mailing list too.

>Next step for me is carefully reading your 'Considerations' and debuging the
>code to see what causes the reboot...

I seldom use JTAG ICE debugging. IMHO, single stepping is a waste
of time, which could be better used for thinking about the code.
But here is an exception. Without JTAG ICE you are probably lost.