[En-Nut-Discussion] Reprogramming Ethernut 2.1 CPLD

Tom Armitage tom at expat.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 14 16:39:28 CET 2006

Hi all,

I've been searching the website and the entire discussion list for
information on how to program the Ethernut 2.1 CPLD.

It says in the hardware manual that the Ethernut 2.1 can self program the
CPLD with the right jumper settings, there's a message from Harald from
early 2004 saying he'll publish some code to reprogram the CPLD (did this
ever get released?) and I've found directions on how to reprogram the
Ethernut 3 CPLD using a boot loader and FTP, but there's no specific
directions for the Ethernut 2.1, at least that I can find.

So my question is:

Is there a specific application available for Ethernut 2.1 to program the
CPLD, or do the directions (and the XSVF Executor Pack) for the Ethernut 3
also work for Ethernut 2.1, taking into account that it uses a different
Xilinx device, pin outs, logic etc?

Thanks,
Tom Armitage