[En-Nut-Discussion] Reprogramming Ethernut 2.1 CPLD

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Feb 14 18:51:40 CET 2006

Hello Tom,

At 10:39 14.02.2006 -0500, you wrote:

>Is there a specific application available for Ethernut 2.1 to program the
>CPLD, or do the directions (and the XSVF Executor Pack) for the Ethernut 3
>also work for Ethernut 2.1, taking into account that it uses a different
>Xilinx device, pin outs, logic etc?

Yes, the Executor works on Ethernut 2 and 3 and even MSC. The Xilinx device
doesn't matter, because the XSVF contains simple JTAG commands.

Of course both boards use different I/O ports. So make sure that -DETHERNUT2
is set during compilation. (This is done automatically when using the
Configurator to create a sample directory).

Harald

P.S. The old version 1.0.1 is available at
http://www.ethernut.de/arc/