[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP problem - FIN

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at etech.cz
Tue Feb 21 23:32:31 CET 2006

Hi,

we found a problem with Nut/OS TCP (I think we tried this also with only
most recent 'net' subdirectory, rest of Nut/OS was left untouched) - if I
connect over VPN, let me say 40-100 ms travel time, then I experience
following problem when getting response to http request:
Windows SYNs with 32kB window, Win side sends http request, Nut replies
with response and all data packets and sends "immediately" (Ethereal says
0.84 and even 0.004 ms) FIN packet without waiting for ACK from Win side.
As a result of this no file is received on remote VPN side and browser is
waiting ...

When captured on local segment Win ACK is send always within that 0.84
interval. For those who are interested, I can send Ethereal capture files.

Is Oliver Schulz aware of these things ?

Dusan