[En-Nut-Discussion] Pictures load very slow

Rick Collins ethernut at arius.com
Sat Jan 7 18:58:44 CET 2006

At 12:25 PM 1/7/2006, you wrote:
>Hi Ralph
>
> > generaly, if you want only update some parts of your webside, you should
> > work with iframes ( google: iframe selfhtml ).
>I tried it but it is not very effective in my application, since there is a
>table with much of the same images (some scales, red and green LEDs, etc).
>So it nearly a full update of the page necessary. Only the small header
>section keeps quite then.
>
>But since the pictures are constant it would help alot if the browser
>wouldn't load the pictures every time the page reloads. I thought that the
>browser keeps the pictures in Cache and therefore doesn't load them again
>and again. But my Firefox loads them at every refresh of the page.
>
>Maybe it is because my page has an expiration date in the past to ensure
>that the page itself has to bee reloaded. Is there any possibility to say
>the browser it should keep the pictures?

But you want to update the images that show the temperature, just not all
of them.  Can you use a frame to put the thermometer in its own frame that
can be updated?

There is a traffic camera around here that updates the image every few
seconds.

http://www.trafficland.com/findacamera/findacamera.php?city=MDSUB&cam=2240

See how they do it.