[En-Nut-Discussion] Pictures load very slow

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Sat Jan 7 18:25:22 CET 2006

Hi Ralph

> generaly, if you want only update some parts of your webside, you should
> work with iframes ( google: iframe selfhtml ).
I tried it but it is not very effective in my application, since there is a
table with much of the same images (some scales, red and green LEDs, etc).
So it nearly a full update of the page necessary. Only the small header
section keeps quite then.

But since the pictures are constant it would help alot if the browser
wouldn't load the pictures every time the page reloads. I thought that the
browser keeps the pictures in Cache and therefore doesn't load them again
and again. But my Firefox loads them at every refresh of the page.

Maybe it is because my page has an expiration date in the past to ensure
that the page itself has to bee reloaded. Is there any possibility to say
the browser it should keep the pictures?

Bye
Thorsten