[En-Nut-Discussion] Still need a definitive answer regarding backwards compatibility issue...

James Flanagan james.flanagan at stsint.com
Thu Jan 12 21:01:47 CET 2006

Harald Kipp wrote:

> Hm... all of the HTTP Gurus busy?
>
> I'm myself not very good in this protocol. I remember, that there
> had been a change end of 2004, which broke parameter parsing.
> But that was long before 3.9.2.
>
> Did you change the compiler?
>
> Harald

I actually did find the problem.  Actually, it was not a problem but an
intended design change.  Sometime between 3.9.2 and 3.9.9, the HTTPD.C
file was changed
and the code which stripped off the query string and place it into the
req->query member was changed.  Once the req->query ram was filled with
the query string an
additional parsing operation was performed and in the effort to save
ram, the new formatted query string was stored in the same location.
The result is that there is no longer a null terminated string residing
at that pointer.  The current documentation doesn't reflect this change
(at least I don't think).  In any event the change resulted in a non
backward compatibility issue.

Thanks...
-jim

--