[En-Nut-Discussion] Question about the Peanut filesystem

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Jan 12 21:09:25 CET 2006

Jesper,

Really advanced, though I don't think I'll make the cwd thread-local.
At least not by default. Still two interesting aspects.

1. I'm programming with threads since my old PASCAL days at the
university and I'm always wondering about other people's request
for local thread data. It's in the ROM part of my brain, that
threads are not processes and thus do not have local data. Please
keep reminding me from time to time that I'm wrong here.

2. In the PHAT test version (not the published one) I implemented
the current directory, but used the full path string, allocated from
heap. This is generally useful for all file systems, but memory hungry.
Your solution is FAT dependent, which doesn't provide a real problem
because every driver can provide his specific function to implement
a variant. My questions: Is it possible to query the full path of the
current working directory without too much hassle? Any problems with
large directories, spanning two or more clusters?

Harald