[En-Nut-Discussion] ground difference

Lars Andersson lars at larsandersson.com
Tue Jan 17 18:40:45 CET 2006

Because there is diode in between there.
The diode is part of a rectifier bridge so you can use
AC feed, it also prevents some stupid mistakes ;-)

> how can i realize a measurement (INT0) of an external
> rectangle signal
> 0-5V, without connecting (shortening) the grounds (GND and ground of
> rect.=supply ground)?

If your power supply is 12V DC (it probably is) I think you *should*
connect your grounds together. It is the easiest solution to
your problem.

// Lars H. Andersson