[En-Nut-Discussion] Strange TCP/IP behavior

Michael Jones Michael.e.Jones at web.de
Mon Jan 23 09:43:11 CET 2006

Hello,

Just a question - has anybody observed this (or similar) behavior?

Scenario:

I've got two threads each connecting to a different server (connection made
by the nut board). Both threads attempt to reconnect if they lose
connection. None of the connection relevant data is shared by the threads.

The non strange part:

When one of the servers disconnects the pending NutTcpReceive in the
corresponding will return -1 (connection error). The thread then closes the
socket enters a NutSleep and will attempt reconnecting.

Now the strange part:

Very shortly after the first thread closes the pending NutTcpReceive in the
second thread also receives an -1 ... And I am currently clueless as why?

So, anybody out there with similar observations? Any Hint welcome!

Cu,
Michael