[En-Nut-Discussion] nutconf segmentation fault

Phil Maker pjm at gnu.org
Mon Jan 23 01:21:37 CET 2006

Christoph Eicke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem running nutconf on my Debian or Gentoo machine. I follow the
> instructions from http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/enswm24e.pdf starting on page 14
> (all page numbers are given as what is said in the lower left/lower right
> corner on the pages). When I open the configuration file ethernut21b.conf I
> get no tree on the left hand side of the Nut/OS Configurator. In the text it
> says that this is OK at first. I then go on and edit the settings to my
> needs. When I exit the settings dialog, I still don't get the tree on the
> left hand side, so there is no way for me to fullfill what is said in the
> last paragraph on page 17. If I go on anyways to build Nut/OS I get the
> following error "Segmentation fault" and nutconf exits.
> I have downloaded the latest ethernut-4.0.1 and use an ethernut version 2
> board. Any ideas?

I recently had a remotely similar problem with nutconf and would suggest:

1. Run nutconf under gdb and do a stack back trace to

	% gdb nutconf
	(gdb) run
        <break it>
 	(gdb) where

2. If this is in one of the supporting graphics toolkits like wxgtk then
try reinstalling or upgrading it and rebuilding nutconf.

This worked for me (the bad news of course was that other applications
had to be upgraded as well.)

--
Phil Maker <pjm at gnu.org>,   ``Above all, I believe that very flexible, certainly divergent,
+61 08 8947 0933 (W)          and possibly even inconsistent policies are required to