[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut 3 keeps booting from TFTP at reboot

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jan 25 11:01:56 CET 2006

At 02:08 25.01.2006 +0100, you wrote:
>When reset, my Nut 3.0d request the last image I loaded with the
>Bootloader from TFTP.

That's how it's designed.

>Shouldn't that be stored in the Flash and the board start the app instead
>of downloading it again ?

No, the Bootmon bootloader is not able to burn the flash.
It simply stores the image in RAM. This is nice for application
development.

For storing applications in Flash memory, refer to
http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/enut3/jtag.html
Note, that this will overwrite the bootloader code.

The good news is, that the S2 switch on Ethernut 3 allows to select
four different boot images. Now the bad news: The Flash memory chip
has an asymmetric layout. Changing S2 will move the small pages and
requires modification of at91-erase.jom. Still I have no idea
how to specify an acceptable procedure.