[En-Nut-Discussion] Problems compiling NutOS 4.1.3

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Thu Jan 26 16:25:36 CET 2006

Hi Harald

> If your board is configured with a fixed IP address in EEPROM, then
>    NutDhcpIfConfig("eth0", 0, 60000);
> doesn't need a link, if I remember correctly.
This seems true
> If you are using
>    NutRegisterDevice(&DEV_ETHER, 0, 0)
> then look to the compile line. Does it include -DETHERNUT2?
I use it this way and there aren no -DETHERNUT2 options. I think this is the
problems with non-compiling httpd sample, too. Therefore I added the #define
ETHERNUT2 to my code.

But there seems to be another difference. First I initialized the Ethernet
device like this

  NutRegisterDevice(&DEV_ETHER, 0x8300, 5);

This worked on NutOS 3.9.8. Besides the missing ETHERNUT2 definition it
seems that NutOS 4.1.3 don't like 0x8300, 5, settings this all to 0 helps.

If you can tell me why the -DETHERNUT2 is missing or where it should be
defined I will be happy.

Thanks
Thorsten