[En-Nut-Discussion] Beta 4.1.9 for ICCAVR

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jul 5 19:04:08 CEST 2006

Hello Jean Pierre,

At 18:38 05.07.2006 +0200, you wrote:

>-  impressive compatibility of system calls.

This is not only the merit of Nut/OS and its contributors, but
also your clean application code.

>- but unfortunately needs several Kbytes (5-6 ?) of code memory more than
>3.9.1.

Yes, this is a big problem which had been addressed carelessly
during the last months. I'm currently investigating this.

>- thus,  the next test will be with ATMEGA2561... When an Ethernut 1.x / 2.X
>board with ATMEGA2561 will be available?

We have a few Ethernut 2 board and will produce more in a few
weeks. In the meantime I'm trying to get the software running.

>- "Code compression" option is OK but "Global optimizations" option of
>ICCAVR does not work with my application and has never worked here (like
>with OS 3.9.1)...   And you?

I seldom used this feature, but should give it another try.

>- the behavior of ICCAVR over 98% of ATMEGA128  memory code filling becomes
>erratic here. Strange.

Did you check the .mp file?

Thanks for your report. Hopefully the ATmega256 support will
be available soon. I really like your amazing application.