[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut don't work anymore

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Thu Jul 6 22:14:53 CEST 2006

>You need to protect anything attached to the expansion port
>against electrical discharge. The RS232, power supply and
>Ethernet connectors are very well protected. Not everybody
>is satisfied with the RS485 protection, because these cables
>may be several miles/kilometers long.
That's ok, I will only attach some RS232 lines, so this should be no
problem.

So the biggest problem at the moment will be the software hanging TCPIP
stack issue. I now put the Ethernut with 4.1.9 version to our network and I
am not sure about the things that happen. I have a webserver on it which
displays a self refreshing page every 20 seconds.

With the old software software runs for 15 minutes to 2h the stops
responding, even to a ping. And there was no difference wether I access the
website or only ping the board.

Now it's different. The Nut crashed about 15 minutes after connecting it to
the network _and_ continuesly accessing it's webpage. Then I stopped the
browser and only ping the Nut. This worked the whole day long. So maybe the
NutOS bug is gone and I now have an application bug. I will check the httpd
sample next week.

bye
Thorsten