[En-Nut-Discussion] UART buffering problems

Sergei Guborev dezzer at nm.ru
Thu Jul 13 10:16:33 CEST 2006

Hello all!

I have two Ethernuts 2.1b connected through RS485 (half-duplex mode)
and trying to send data between them.

Code is very simple:

fgets(rs485_buff, sizeof(rs485_buff), rs485_stream);
fpurge(rs485_stream)                  // it's for reading

fputs(data, rs485_stream);
fflush(rs485_stream)                   // it's for writing.

And that's my problem: transfering occurs only after some number of
bytes (about 30) put into stream. I've tried to change UART parameters
(there a lot of them in uart.h) but with no success.
Can anyone explain me how to make my UART working as I want (e.g. send
date immediatly after "\CR\LF")? Or give me some links on more detailed
documentation than API reference?

Best regards,  Sergei.