[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut for Atmel AT91SAM7X256/128

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Jun 10 15:54:11 CEST 2006

    Dave> Has anyone ported Ethernut to these devices? They would give a
    Dave> very small networked device.

Yes, the Sam7X sounds interesting

    Dave> Drawbacks are the limited flash and ram size 256/64K or 128/32K.

64k Ram is nearly double the (32k+8K) of a comparative LPC21 device.

    Dave> How much memory is required for the ARM ethernut?

Depends on what you want. I guess ethernet will use a lot of RAM, but I have
an application with the AT90CAN128 (4 kByte) that listens and talks on CAN
bus and feeds 3 threads (ADC/DAC, State machine and communication to a one
wire device)

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de