[En-Nut-Discussion] RE: ARP packets crashing the TCP stack

Don Ingram don at led.com.au
Mon Jun 19 23:26:36 CEST 2006

Edwin van den Oetelaar wrote:
> I am thinking about embedded linux too, what hardware have you found?
> (that compares to the price of ethernut hardware ?)
> I have looked at the Fox board (AXIS ETRAX chip) do you have other ideas ?
> Thanks for sharing the experience,
> Edwin van den Oetelaar

By the time the Fox module is mounted up with connectors it is approx 3 times
the cost of something like the XNut, albeit with more than a fair chunk more
processing capacity.  That may or may not be important for your app but if all
that is required is some basic processing & the all important network
connectivity then ethernut is hard to beat.

Cheers

Don