[En-Nut-Discussion] Modem to ethernut conections from PPPC application program

Jerome.Dsouza at mt.com Jerome.Dsouza at mt.com
Thu Jun 29 10:43:17 CEST 2006

Dear All,

I am a little confused about the modem cable connections to be done for establishing PPP using a US robotics modem, does the NUT os provide the driver code for hardware handshaking using te UART driver.
If yes then how can I enable it in the pppc application code.

Am I right about the connections required between ethernut board and the modem.

With the Ethernut board functioning as DTE -

   DTE                                      DCE or Modem

1  DCD                                 1  DCD-----------        Pin No.s 1, 4, 6 of modem short
4  DTR                                  4  DTR---- -------
6  DSR                                  6  DSR-----------
7  RTS                                    7  RTS------------|             Pin Nos. 7 & 8 short