[En-Nut-Discussion] Heave load will harm the system?

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Mar 1 09:37:04 CET 2006

At 20:33 28.02.2006 +0000, you wrote:
>the quesion still go back to the original point, as u say atmega128 will
>still run at idle, my question is if the whole MCU are processing without
>idle thread.

Not sure if I understood. I'll try to explain in different
words. For the MCU it makes no difference if there's network
traffic or not. It is always running at full speed.

The idle thread is Nut/OS internal. It is the first thread
started by Nut/OS. The idle thread creates the application's
main thread. Thus, if no application thread is ready to run,
Nut/OS passes control back to the idle thread.

>idle case and the load case, the mcu temperature is different.

I can't think of any reasonable explanation for this.
Anyway, which board version do you use? Ethernut 1 or 2?