[En-Nut-Discussion] Heave load will harm the system?

ivesworking ivesworking at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 12:26:13 CET 2006

i want to say sorry here, yesterday i remotely doing stress test,
after investigate, I found that my system have some memory leak problem when
the system under stress test,
the stress test was done by repeat loading a same webpage,
there are two page that I did the test,
1st one are normal CGI page that have around 600Byte,    25Pages/second
2nd one are XML Page that Phrase a Web Page to XML, around 2000Byte,
5Pages/Second

the stress test are loaded by 20 concurrent connection to repeat loading the
page for a few min,

To know the CPU is Loaded or not, I feel it with my eyes from the LCD
Display,
because I run another thread to update the LCD every second running under
lower priority,

for the first CGI page, the thread still able to update the time,
for the second one the LCD are not be update during the stress test,

for a lot of connect/disconnection, i prove that it will not harm the
system, since i able to estabilish 7693 connect/disconnect in 5 min, and the
system still remain stable.

i believe that when the system under heave load, some of the memory are not
able to free due to some problem.

Wfloh

P/S: i using Charon2, with  Nut OS v3.4.3
P/S2 : actually i able to crash the system within 1 min,
with repeatly loading one file that come from the original Nut OS standard
httpd without modification,
P/S3 : the software i use to test is WAPT 4.0 unregistered version, (i just
install, and have 29 days left for try period)