[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP problems

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at etech.cz
Tue Mar 7 09:39:33 CET 2006

Hi Harald,

add another issue to your list. However this does not cause system crash,
it causes unavailability of TCP connection over WAN.
>After several reports with systems hanging, I'm a little
>bit alarmed. Let's see what we have:

7. there is no wait for ACK for data sent and FIN packet is sent from
Nut/OS (http response) prior to this. A result of this is that client's web
browser does nothing because it does not receive anything from Windows TCP
stack.

>Hi,
>
>we found a problem with Nut/OS TCP (I think we tried this also with only
>most recent 'net' subdirectory, rest of Nut/OS was left untouched) - if I
>connect over VPN, let me say 40-100 ms travel time, then I experience
>following problem when getting response to http request:
>Windows SYNs with 32kB window, Win side sends http request, Nut replies
>with response and all data packets and sends "immediately" (Ethereal says
>0.84 and even 0.004 ms) FIN packet without waiting for ACK from Win side.
>As a result of this no file is received on remote VPN side and browser is
>waiting ...
>
>When captured on local segment Win ACK is send always within that 0.84
>interval. For those who are interested, I can send Ethereal capture files.
>
>Is Oliver Schulz aware of these things ?
>

>Dusan

Dusan