[En-Nut-Discussion] DIO with ethernut 3.0 Rev-D

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Mar 9 12:56:04 CET 2006

Chris,

The tutorial at
http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/npl.html
is intended to help to create one's own CPLD. It does
not provide much help for learning Verilog.

Anyway, the ethernut30d.ucf file and the Verilog sample
in npltut01.v already contain all pin definitions.

The ULED in
xsvfexec-enut30d.zip
at
http://www.ethernut.de/arc/
shows how to create a simple output register.

It is not possible to use the Address/Data Bus as GPIO without
modifying the CPLD. In the current NPL version these signals
are simply passed through, when accessing the address range
0x22000000 - 0x220FFFFF. See
http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/enut3/memory.html

May be we can publish a simple sample soon. I'll talk to Niels.

Harald