[En-Nut-Discussion] DIO with ethernut 3.0 Rev-D

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Mar 7 20:45:32 CET 2006

Chris,

At 19:52 07.03.2006 +0100, you wrote:

>Up to 48 digital I/Os are mentioned in "Ethernut Comparison Table".
>Would you be so kind and shed some light on this topic. In particular
>I am interested where the remaining I/Os are located and how they
>can be accessed by software.

In order to use more than the standard port bits offered
by the CPU you need to re-program the CPLD.
A tutorial about how to start is at
http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/npl.html

The file
xsvfexec-enut30d.zip
at
http://www.ethernut.de/arc/
contains a more advanced sample, which shows how to
create registers in Verilog. It's actually the contents
of the CPLD we ship. Well, not really the very latest
version and not very nicely done. But it should serve
as a good basis, I hope.

I'll try to update and clean it as soon as time allows.