[En-Nut-Discussion] Web Server: Meter widget??

José Vallet jose.vallet at hut.fi
Thu Mar 16 15:38:49 CET 2006

Hello Josh.

What is the frequency update of the data that you want to display?

If you need fresh data very often and quickly (several data
transmissions per second, for example), you could send the data through
sockets to the client side (web browser). There you could have an applet
handling all the sockets stuff and a nice GUI as well (if needed). The
applet would be served by the Ethernut web server embedded in a web
page. Thus you would need to have Java installed in your computer.

For low frequency updates, perhaps you could generate updated web-pages
regularly (check the archives, there are much better answers than this one)

Hope this helps,
José.