[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut2.1 to fiber optic(100Base-FX)

Christo Strauss cstrauss at grintek.com
Tue May 23 15:30:31 CEST 2006

Hi

   Just for those that might want to do the same, I am in the process
of
    converting the Ethernut 2.1 to fiber optic (100Base-FX) for a
special application.
    In my ignorance I presumed that the PHY interface of the Fiber
Optic transceive module
    to be the same as the LAN91C111 PHY interface and therefore tried
    connect them together which  obviously did not work! Later I
discovered
    that one needs a media converter chip to convert the wire driven
signals
    to fiber optic driven signals and visa versa. The chip that I am
    planning to use for this conversion is the ML6652. Hopefully when
    finished with the pcb it should work. Anyone else that maybe went
trough
    this process before?

 Regards
 Christo