[En-Nut-Discussion] Coldfire Nut/OS port

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at etech.cz
Tue May 23 22:08:59 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am interested in this.

I wrote a context switch mechanism which works with other RTOS. I
also wrote an ethernet driver but it expects to have whole buffer in
a contiguous space. Yes, this can be modified for Nut/OS but it will
add complexities to buffering mechanism. As Coldfire usually works
with more RAM speed is what I was looking for.

I discussed this with Erik, but it was the time when he was thinking
about Coldfire himself.

Anyone to implement IP log feature ? Instead of fixed # of running
threads for same IP port number ?

Chance for a team ? SSV has DIP format Coldfire modules.

At 12:00 23.5.2006, you wrote:
>From: "Bengt Florin" <bengt at florin.se>
>
>Another interesting CPU to port Nut to would be the Freescale Coldfire
>MCF52235, a true single chip solution as it also contains an Ethernet PHY.
>
>I remember reading some comments from Erik Lins to port Nut to Coldfire
>MCF5282.
>Well yes, it was back in 2004. Time flies.
>
>Any interest of, or progress in the Coldfire direction?
>
>/bengt

Dusan