[En-Nut-Discussion] Coldfire Nut/OS port

Bengt Florin bengt at florin.se
Wed May 24 11:04:19 CEST 2006

Well, I guess that much of the effort is done by just implementing the
context switch.
By taking the 32-bit ARM branch of Nut/OS much of the rest should be
reusable. Maybe this is integrated in the mainstream nowadays. I must
confess I haven't read Nut code for a while.

Talking about the Coldfire I have ported lwIP and written drivers for the
FEC/Ethernet controller. I have also ported my own event scheduler.
Yes, I have HW for the mcf5282 and mcf52235 is on the way.
I use Frescale MCF52xxLITE kit. Relative inexpensive and a Wiggler dongle is
also in the box.

So what do we have to do?

- Context switch.
- Revise code for Big/Little endian dependence.
- Possible revise code for data alignment.
- Rewrite drivers to Coldfire peripherals, FEC, UART, timers etc.
- Compile/test/deliver.

Now this doesn't sound too impossible. If you got the time.
Which is pretty much my biggest problem in this matter, lack of time.

I can however support with some basic Coldfire knowledge and do some coding,
but I don't think I got the time to do the administrating stuff.

Is this something you are dying for?

/bengt