[En-Nut-Discussion] Coldfire Nut/OS port

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu May 25 13:14:59 CEST 2006

Hi Bengt,

At 11:04 24.05.2006 +0200, you wrote:
>Well, I guess that much of the effort is done by just implementing the
>context switch.

A hard job without ICE Debugger.

>By taking the 32-bit ARM branch of Nut/OS much of the rest should be
>reusable. Maybe this is integrated in the mainstream nowadays. I must
>confess I haven't read Nut code for a while.

I've the same opinion on this. However, almost all device
drivers need to be rewritten as well. The most important
and most simple is devDebug.

>I can however support with some basic Coldfire knowledge and do some coding,
>but I don't think I got the time to do the administrating stuff.

I am generally interested and btw. I'll attend the Freescale Seminar on
June 1st in Dortmund, Germany:
http://www.freescale.com/files/abstract/article/ABENDSEMINARE2005_TIC.html