[En-Nut-Discussion] Last orders please: All Known Bugs?

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Oct 8 13:05:09 CEST 2006

    Harald> Well, I was a bit too fast and expected to find a more precise
    Harald> description in your previous emails about what is missing.

    Harald> For the PHY power down polarity I did

    Harald> #ifdef PHY_PWRDN_BIT /* Disable PHY power down. */
    Harald> outr(EMAC_PIO_PER, _BV(PHY_PWRDN_BIT)); outr(EMAC_PIO_OER,
    Harald> _BV(PHY_PWRDN_BIT)); #ifdef PHY_PWRDN_LOPOL outr(EMAC_PIO_SODR,
    Harald> _BV(PHY_PWRDN_BIT)); #else outr(EMAC_PIO_CODR,
    Harald> _BV(PHY_PWRDN_BIT)); #endif #endif

    Harald> But I've no idea what to do regarding the USB problem.  Btw. the
    Harald> SAM7X-EK I got is also equipped with a SAM7XC, but I never
    Harald> experienced any USB enumeration failure.

Sorry if I was't that exact. The obove solution seems fine.

If you look at the Olimex schematics
http://www.olimex.com/dev/images/sam7-ex256-sch.gif
you see that PA25 is USB_PUP with a high level pulling up the "positive" USB
Line. We need to keep this line low, as long as we don't set up USB.
The Atmel board has no way to controll this pullup by the uC. The Pullup is
hardwired into MN1 and active as soon as S1 is closed by a 0R bridge.

I don't know what the delivery status of that S1 bridge is. If it is closed
by default, I expect the failing enumeration with the Atmel board too. What
OS is your connected host? I used Linux, where the messages were seen in
/var/log/messages. Did you run XP? Did you check the system log?

Thanks

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de