[En-Nut-Discussion] How Ethernut 1.3-Rev. G hardware works?

Janusz U. nopsoft at poczta.onet.pl
Sun Oct 29 01:33:49 CEST 2006

Hi!

> I'm trying to figure out how Ethernut 1.3-Rev. G hardware works! I read
> the
> datasheet but I didn't find anywhere why the RTL8019AS is memory mapped at
> 0x8300?

I'm not Ethernut's user but:
http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/enut130g-s3.pdf
As you can see A15 is connected through reversing gate. It is cased by the
same linear space for the RTL ethernet controller and 32kB RAM. For 0x8000
you have disabled SRAM chip select but you have to write into 0x0xxx
register of the RTL...
When you look at A13 and A14 lines you can understand how RTL is selected by
0x0300. Thus, finally we have base address equal just 0x8300...

best regards
Janusz U.