[En-Nut-Discussion] How Ethernut 1.3-Rev. G hardware works?

Rodrigue rodrigue.roland at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 21:48:36 CET 2006

Thank you! It's a little bit less obscure in my mind. You should write a
book: "RTL8019 for dummies" ;o)
So, when the external RAM is enabled A15 is LOW, so, SA15 is high. What
append to the RTL when SA15 is high?

>RTL has an INTERNAL ADDRESS DECODER for address range 0x0300-0x031F.
Therefore A15 is inverted...

0x0300: 11/0000/0000
0x031F: 11/0001/1111

What's the goal of having A8 et A9 high?
I can't find anywhere in the datasheet some information about this INTERNAL
ADDRESS DECODER... Maybe at the page 19 the bit 3-0 IOS 3-0, we see that the
I/O Base address is 300H if IOS3=IOS2=IOS1=IOS0=0 BUT I'm not sure if it's
related to the INTERNAL ADDRESS DECODER?
Could you explain how the RTL8019AS is initialized, please? The RTL is in
jumper mode so normally, in this mode, the default values of the ressource
configuration informations which are stored in the CONFIG3-0 registers in
Group1 Page3 come form the states of jumper pins (cf. p27 in DS) BUT not
from the 9346. So, when do you read the content of 9346? It's confusing!

Thank you for your help. I hope I'm not too boring with all my stupid
questions..