[En-Nut-Discussion] Porting Ethernut 1.3-Rev. G to my hardware

Zachary psilva at opensoftware-br.com
Sun Oct 29 21:58:48 CET 2006

Thanks to Harald, I understood the Nut/os configurator.

Now I am trying to port the code to my hardware.
I analyse ethernut 1.3-Rev G, and saw that my hardware has 3 majors
diferences from Rev G.
one is that rtl8019 it is not memory mapped, I use portF and port b to deal
to it, second is that I do not have 32768 crystal, third I do not have the
conections to do an eeprom emulation to rtl8019, so I have doubts, one of
them is about the low level function to read and write to rlt8019, I saw
into the code that in file nicrtl.c has 2 macros (NICOUTB and NICINB) that
do low level read and write to rtl8019, my questions is:
Are these functions the only one low level to deal with rtl8019? As they
read and write byte, I think the ethernut does not read word or etc?
About crystal 32768, has ethernut another way to bypass it or I must provide
this crystal.?
Last but not least,does the ethernut provide another way to config rtl8019
without an eeprom or eeprom emulation?

When these changes stay stable, how is the way to public them to ethernut
users?

regards

Zach.