[En-Nut-Discussion] UART Example with ICCAVR

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Sep 14 09:25:26 CEST 2006

At 19:22 13.09.2006 -0400, you wrote:

>This should not be a very difficult process, and I would have expected
>utilizing the "uart.c" sample project would have worked just fine by simply
>replacing
>
>"DEV_UART" with "&devUsartAvr1"
>"DEV_UART_NAME" with "uart1"
>"r+" with "r+b"

Yes, this assumption is correct.

>However, this being said, I've noticed that this example has a disclaimer at
>the top stating "Some functions do not work with ICCAVR."  I suspect that
>I've come accross the functions that don't work. :)

Probably not. Over the time there had been changes in the
float/ASCII converter of the ICC libraries. Thus, floating
point with stdio may not work for all ICC versions.

How are you using UART1, I mean, hardware wise? Do you
use the expansion port or the DSub? Did you make any
hardware changes to the board?