[En-Nut-Discussion] SPDuo and AVRStudio 4

Andreas Heinzen heinzen at fh-koblenz.de
Fri Sep 29 08:58:23 CEST 2006

Hello Harald,

Am Donnerstag, 28. September 2006 17:37 schrieb Harald Kipp:
> At 14:55 28.09.2006 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >So I made a support request to ATMEL and the solution is to modify some
> >registry keys:
> >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Atmel\AVRTools\STK500/VersionMajor=32
> >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Atmel\AVRTools\STK500/VersionMinor=31
>
> Many thanks, Andreas.
>
> I updated
> http://www.ethernut.de/en/isp/spduo.html
> and added firmware version 2.2 (ATmega256 support).

I have read the new http://www.ethernut.de/en/isp/spduo.html,
but I think you have to say that this is only an example.

I think it will be better to explain, that if:
The message from AVR Studio is:
"An AVRISP with firmware version 32.31 has been detected.
The firmware version corresponding to this installation of AVR Studio is 2.0A ..."

So  modify the registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Atmel\AVRTools\STK500\VersionMajor=32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Atmel\AVRTools\STK500\VersionMinor=31

to suppress the message.

But it is a hack, it stays problematic if you use several different programmer,
 i.e. a real STK500 ;-)
It would be better, if ATMEL provides a switch:
"Don't ask me again"

Andreas