[En-Nut-Discussion] How to calculate Memory size

MUHAMMAD AZEEM AZAM muhammadazeemazam786 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 14:41:02 CEST 2007

HI
  I know about AVR-Size but how to use it. Do i have to use it an MAKE File.
  I am working in AVR Studio.
  Thanks
  Bye

Ole Reinhardt <ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de> wrote:
  Hi,

> I have to claculate the "program and data memory" of microcontroller
while running my TCP and UDP Server on CHARON-II board.
> AVR Studio is calculation it for the simple LED blinking Program but
i am unable to calculate for my TCP/UDP Servers.
> Do i have to make changes in MAKE File.

The avr-size tool should do the job. You'll get information about the
code and data / bss segment size. For shure this tool can not calculate
dynamic memory usage. But you can easily use NutHeapAvailable to see how
much ram is available to any point.

Best regards,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts GbR Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Inh. Faerber & Kirchner Fax: +49-271-771091-19