[En-Nut-Discussion] Remaining Bugs

Alain M. alainm at pobox.com
Thu Aug 30 21:14:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am new to this list and to the Nut/Net/OS world! I came by thanks to a
friend that has been using it on AVR and now we will both be using it on
Atmel's ARM.

Harald Kipp wrote:
> P.S. If you think there is another important fix missing, please take
> the time and report it in the bug tracker.

Before going to the bug tracker I want to discuss it here:

There seems to be a problem when reconfiguring the IP: Windows machines
don't find it any more.

I solved that problem, in another IP stack I participated in writing, by
emiting a "Gratuitous ARP reply". It is very easy to implement and
solves a lot of complicated problems.

I wish very much to see it implemented in a future version, do you
suggest that I insert it in bug tracker? recomendations?

There a good explanation here <http://wiki.ethereal.com/Gratuitous_ARP>.

--- From another message ---
Ole Reinhardt wrote:
 > Beside this two points I have several enhancements for AT91SAM7X256
 > like a twi driver, some fixes and a config for the Olimex eval board
 > and some more things. I need some more tests befor checking them in.

I would be very very glad to see AT91SAM7X256 implemented and if by
"Olimex eval board" you mean SAM7-EX256, you have my vote too :)

Thanks,
Alain