[En-Nut-Discussion] Problems with the RTC-Chip on Ethernut 3 Rev. E

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Dec 31 14:30:13 CET 2007

Claus schrieb:

> When I try to debug it seams that the TWI works crorrect.
> When I am right the Bootloader uses the EEPROM from the RTC-Chip and it
> works fine.
> But the Time and Date values are bad.
> Is there any trick? Must i activate the Clock anyware?

Hi Claus,

When the SuperCap lost its power (after a few days) the clock needs to
be set once in order to clear the Power Fail Flag. That's all and that's
obviously what you tried already.

I'll send you a tested binary to make sure that this is not a hidden
software problem. But actually I assume that the 32kHz clock crystal on
your board is broken. In this case egnite will replace the board.

My best wishes for the New Year to you and all members of the list.