[En-Nut-Discussion] Back in the game

Rich Wellner ethernut at objenv.com
Sun Feb 11 18:33:27 CET 2007

After a long absence, I've some time to get back in touch with my Rev F
boards.  So I went to the site to get a development stack installed.  I
thought I'd share my results.

This page: http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/debiansage.html
   has specifically calls out ethernut-3.9.9 when the current version is
4.2.1

The main doc link: http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/enswm24e.pdf

   Page 14: In summary it says "download then unpack then configure, but
before you configure"  The preconfiguration requirements should be
listed before the instruction to "run ./configure"

   Page 14: It specified to run ./configure, but never instructs to run
make && make install.  Unless these commands are run, the next step
"Configuring Nut" won't work because nutconf hasn't been built yet.

    Page 16: It specifies to enter the correct top of source directory
as /opt/ethernut/nut.  As above the nut directory doesn't exist.

   Page 17: It would be helpful if the location of the sample apps were
given.

After this I can build samples.  Tomorrow perhaps I will try to burn
something.

Actually, on that point.  How do I determine which burner I have?  I
have a grey dongle with a yellow LED on it, but no other markings.  Is
there a document somewhere with the various gadgets egnite has sold over
the years specified?

rw2