[En-Nut-Discussion] undefined reference

myrteza kertusha myrkertu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 10:55:11 CET 2007

Hi everyone,
I've been working with Ethernut 2, OS version 4.0.3 on an application and
until now everything went ok. Now, I decided to upgrade to 4.2.1. I can
compile it and everything goes fine. The moment I try to burn my app on
flash it comes out with some problems of lining of this type:

/home/user/Desktop/ethernutVers ions/ethernut-4.2.1
/housectl/../lib/libnutdev.a(nvmem.o)(.text+0x0): In function
`NutNvMemLoad':
: undefined reference to `OnChipNvMemLoad'
/home/user/Desktop/ethernutVersions/ethernut-4.2.1
/housectl/../lib/libnutdev.a(nvmem.o)(.text+0x6): In function
`NutNvMemSave':
: undefined reference to `OnChipNvMemSave'
make: *** [/home/user/Desktop/ethernutVersions/ethernut-4.2.1/housectl/bin/housectl]
Error 1

Looking around in the dirs found that include/dev/nvmem.h holds some
declarations among which OnChipNvMemLoad and OnChipNvMemSave. This 2 funcs
are defined in arch/avr/dev/eeprom.c. It seems all ok.
I don't know if this is a problem of linking or Makefile.
If any can give me some help...

PS. the same happens with version 4.1.9
Thanks in advance
Best regards